Integration to external database

Hi All,

I am connecting to an external database via Integration studio and accessing some entities. What will happen if I add attributes to the database tables? Will these attributes automatically show up in the entities?

Thanks in advance :)

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hello Krishnnambal Sundaram,

No, they will not be automatically added. You will have to go back into Integration Studio, open your extension, and then either add the column references to the Entity, or re-map the table. Once you have done that, you can re-publish the extension.

If you do not do that, then the Entity will still show as the old structure. Additionally, if you add a not nullable column then your inserts will fail unless you add a default value to that column (until you update the extension of course).

Thank you

Thanks, Craig!

As far as I know it will be attribute automatically created if you create in the DB

Still you will go through this Document as well 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Extensibility_and_Integration/Integrate_with_an_External_Database?_gl=1*1s0186g*_ga*NDgzNTY5MzE1LjE2MDEyNzkwNDE.*_ga_ZD4DTMHWR2*MTYyNzU3MTI4Ny4xNzkuMS4xNjI3NTczOTU3LjEz

Thanks and Regards,

Akshay Deshpande

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hello Krishnnambal Sundaram,

No, they will not be automatically added. You will have to go back into Integration Studio, open your extension, and then either add the column references to the Entity, or re-map the table. Once you have done that, you can re-publish the extension.

If you do not do that, then the Entity will still show as the old structure. Additionally, if you add a not nullable column then your inserts will fail unless you add a default value to that column (until you update the extension of course).

Thank you

Thanks, Craig!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.