Line break in "DropDown Select"?
Question
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.11.6 (Build 44614)

Hello, is it possible to create a line break in a DropDown Select?

In the selection field the text is still completely visible, but unfortunately not after the selection.

During the selection

After Selection

Thanks a lot for your help.
Michael

That would be the easiest way:

use title attribute and fill it with a variable that contains the selected item. 

So, when you hover it, you will see the entire text.

Hello,

I'm not sure I understand correctly, as apparently in the dropdown during selection your text is showing up fine.

I believe you can try to increase the field where the text appears later, or if you want to limit it you can try using the Substr(,,) function.

another option: you can "break" the word saved in the database by selecting the first X letters and then the first X letters to the end and thus make two inputs that receive these data after selected.

But I don't know if that would be your question.

Hello Mariana, thank you for your feedback. Yes, the text is displayed correctly during the selection.

What bothers me is that after the selection the text is not completely visible. Unfortunately, I can't make the drop-down wider due to space constraints. Therefore, it would be nice if the selected text was displayed in two lines.

Hello Michael,

The requirement is not too clear on the specifics of how you would like to achieve this. Maybe an image would help. For e.g. if it were technically possible to break the data over 2 lines, what if it requires more than 2 lines say for e.g. when the screen size is reduced and the widget size is further reduced. There is also the question of how resizing the widget impacts other elements on the screen.

How about just using a tool tip or balloon pop up for long text in the dropdown select after the selection is made?

Regards,

AJ

That would be the easiest way:

use title attribute and fill it with a variable that contains the selected item. 

So, when you hover it, you will see the entire text.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.