Speech Recognition - how to add it to my project ?

Hi!

I am working on my own small project, where I want to have a Speech recognition/ speech to text/ voice to text function, so the functionality should look like:
Press microphone button, start speaking, stop speaking, reflect what has been said in text on the screen.

I found a ready working solution for that, here is a link  ( https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5288/speechrecognition ), but I cant understand how all job is done in that project in order to plug in or copy paste same actions to my project.

Hope you can help me with some info, or maybe video or link where I can find a step-by-step guide how to do it, or any other advise will be highly appreciated!

Thank you in advance

To whom it may concern :
I've managed to add speech recognition functionality into my app, what I did and what I didn't knew in order to achieve my tasks was following:

1)Downloaded Speech recognition plugin link and added it to my project
2) Downloaded Speech recognition plugin sample link and copy passed all necessary logic and Screen design to my project
3)InOutsystems development tab clicked on my app, opened Distribute tab > Generate Android app. Downloaded app and all worked, since plugin was using native speech to text capabilities of the device.

Hope this info will help someone one day =)

P.S.
I did manage to add this functionality only to the mobile app

Hi Fjodors,

in this User Group session there is a demo on how to work with a speech to text component: Recording

It is in Spanich but looking at the code is clear.

Regards

Hi Jose,

Thank you very much for your help! Luckily I know some Spanish, so maybe I will be even able to understand something more, rather than just watching a video =) 

Have a nice day!

Hi Jose,

One more question, is there somewhere a file of a project that is being demonstrated on the video? I am asking it because in the video are not shown all details of a project, like:
what does TextToSpeech block consists of? 01:21:46
How Client variable has been created? 01:22:59

What makes harder for me to repeat same code. 

Regards

I think the project was not made available, however don't be shy to contact the speaker through here or linkedin. He will surely send you some Oml and even clarify some other question you have.

I tried to do something similar as it was shown in video, but when I am testing functionality/pressing microphone button I'm getting following error :"Azure API Key not Defined"

Not sure how to fix it. Any advice? 

So probably that component needs an account from Azure.

You can contact Jitendra to help you with the component you firstly tried.

Hello,

you might be getting into accessibility in general, in which case there are some articles on outsystems that help you understand better.

But it's important that icons, images and everything that is just visual, have a description... there's a link to get started :) I hope I helped

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Accessibility/Accessible_Rich_Internet_Applications_roles_and_attributes

Hi Mariana,

Thank you for your response! I will look closer into accessibility and the link that you provided.

Have a nice day!

To whom it may concern :
I've managed to add speech recognition functionality into my app, what I did and what I didn't knew in order to achieve my tasks was following:

1)Downloaded Speech recognition plugin link and added it to my project
2) Downloaded Speech recognition plugin sample link and copy passed all necessary logic and Screen design to my project
3)InOutsystems development tab clicked on my app, opened Distribute tab > Generate Android app. Downloaded app and all worked, since plugin was using native speech to text capabilities of the device.

Hope this info will help someone one day =)

P.S.
I did manage to add this functionality only to the mobile app

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.