Need help calculating total hours worked for an employee across several projects
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.12.0 (Build 47168)

I am about 5 months into learning outsystems and have no prior web development training so please bare with me.

I have a basic application to track employee projects and hours worked on the projects. I have a database for projects that calculates hours based on a start and end date. I also have a database for employees. Employees can be assigned to specific projects. My trouble comes when I try to write an expression that calculates the total amount of hours an employee has worked across all projects. I need it to show in the employee details page.

Hi @john Bxler , I presume you're getting the data through an aggregate 

-- You can group the records by EmployeeId column

-- You can use sum aggregate function for the total hours column

You need to be more careful while using aggregate or grouping function because you'll get only those values as output

if this not resolves your problem, please provide some sample data and what is getting displayed on the screen so that I can provide you an sample.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.