[Camera Plugin] Camera Plugin not working as expected always.
Forge component by OutSystems R&D

Hi All,

I am using camera plugin and followed all the exact steps mentioned in itts documentation. BUt most of the times it keeps failing , Unable to capture the picture both in emulator and Phones. But sometimes it works as expected . Anyone faced similar issue. And please let me know if any solution to fix this issue.

Hi Manoj ,

From Long time I am using this component. I have never seen this kind of behaviour .
Can you please specify your device details ,so that we can verify component in that specific device .

Thanks ,

Vivek P.

Hi Vivek, Thanks for reply..

The Exact issue is , When I try to capture image in my phone , after i capture it takes 3-5 seconds blank screen and then again asks to take picture , Second time works.. As said this happens sometimes. and few times it works directly on single click. This behaviour was on motto device.

Also in emulator when i clickon take picture it allows me to select picture from PC. but when i select any image it says no file selected. Again as said even this works only few times .

Hi Manoj,

Like Vivek already said, we will need more information from you to be able to help.

What’s the plugin version you are using?

iOS, Android or both?

What devices you are experiencing the issue?

Best regards

Hi andre, Thanks for reply..

The Exact issue is , When I try to capture image in my phone , after i capture it takes 3-5 seconds blank screen and then again asks to take picture , Second time works.. As said this happens sometimes. and few times it works directly on single click. This behaviour was on motto device.

Also in emulator when i clickon take picture it allows me to select picture from PC. but when i select any image it says no file selected. Again as said even this works only few times .

Hello Manoj, thanks for your answer.

But what is the plugin version you are using? This is important info that will let us help you better.
And if you don't mind, what's the Motorola device specifically?
Best regards

Camera Plugin version is 7.0.7..

Motorola G5S

Hi Manoj, 

We detected that some Motorola devices are running into this very same problem.
There is an open task in the R&D backlog for fixing this issue.
I will let you know as soon as it's done.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.