Development Environment (Service Studio) does not Restore after being minimized
Service Studio Version
11.11.11 (Build 47088)
  1. I open my Development Environment (Service Studio) version 11.11.11 and connect to my personal environment. 
  2. I minimize my screen.
  3. Issue: From the taskbar, when I try to open the minimized window by clicking on the OutSystems Service Studio icon, nothing happens. The window does not open.

Most of my attempts to restore the window fail. It works on the rare occasion on several attempts. I end up right clicking on the icon and close the window, then restart Service Studio. This has been hapening in the past week, since the release of version 11.11.11 on Aug 2nd. 

My attempts to work around or resolve this issue are as follows but they have all failed:

1. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Service Studio but to no avail.
  2. I right click on the Service Studio icon in the taskbar and select 'Restore'. It works on the rare occasion.
  3. I have tried to close the new 'help' widget before I minimize Service Studio. The help widget pops up very frequently despite closing it (this is a whole different issue and will leave it out of this post).
  4. I hover on the Service Studio icon in the taskbar until the preview window pops up (shown below), then I right click and choose Restore or Maximize. Sometimes this works and the window opens up again, sometimes it does not.

Just curious if anyone else has encountered a similar experience with version 11.11.11? I plan to open a support ticket after a little bit of 'wait and watch' or will probably install the previous version (if that's even a choice with the free version).

Regards,

AJ

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi AJ,

I do not experience these problems with the same version of Service Studio.

The best advice I can give is this:

1. Use the Feedback option in Service Studio to report this issue, 
  2. If it is no option for you to use a previous version of Service Studio that does not have this problem for you, then also create a support case, mention in the support case you already send the feedback from Service Studio.

Regards,

Daniel

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.