[Video Plugin] How do I extract the full path from the binary VideoCaptured?
Question
Forge component by Formiga
Application Type
Mobile

Hello

How can I extract, from the VideoCaptured binarydata, the full path and other mediafile information?

Thank you
Carolina

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Carolina,

I haven't used this component, so this is only based on the description on the component's page itself:

• there's only one output (the binary data with the video) as this is interfacing with the video camera directly (so no file with a path)

Why do you need that information in the first place?

I read somewhere that the output is a JSON.. but I don't know how to get this data.

When I just try to save the binary from the variable, I get this error:

BinaryToBase64 

[1] Failed to parse JSON request content.
   at ssSARISAApp.ScreenServices.SARISAApp_MainFlow_QuoteVideo_Controller.<ActionBinaryToBase64>b__1(HeContext heContext, String screenName, JObject screenModel, JObject inputParameters, JObject clientVariables)
   at OutSystems.RESTService.Controllers.ScreenServicesApiController.endpoint(String input, String endpointName, String apiVersion, EndpointImplementationDelegate implementation)

[2] The input is not a valid Base-64 string as it contains a non-base 64 character, more than two padding characters, or an illegal character among the padding characters.
   at System.Convert.FromBase64_Decode(Char* startInputPtr, Int32 inputLength, Byte* startDestPtr, Int32 destLength)
   at System.Convert.FromBase64CharPtr(Char* inputPtr, Int32 inputLength)
   at System.Convert.FromBase64String(String s)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.NewRuntime.ByteArrayConverter.ReadJson(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Object existingValue, JsonSerializer serializer)

Within the JS, it returns mediaFiles object inside the binary field.. and I would need to get mediaFiles[0].fullPath

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.