Locating the application folder under localhost in Windows 7 

Locating the application folder under localhost in Windows 7 

Hi, all

I recenty downloaded and installed the Agileplatform . I configured it to use my windows 7 PC as my localhost with IIS. However, after developing my applications, the web folder, I cannot locate the exact place on my PC where the files created by Agile are located. For example, http://localhost/Application/

Also how can I change the Agileplatform to use an external server instaed of the localhost. It would be nice to directly transfer my web application to my external server immediately after developing

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks
Hi Lambert, and welcome to the OutSystems community forums.

Regarding folder location by default the folder should be in "C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\running" (if i'm not mistaken).
For using an external server instead your local host you could create a solution in your Service Center, and publish it in the new environment.

Let us know if you still have questions about this!

regards,
Miguel Antunes
Hi Lambert, and welcome to the OutSystems community forums.

Miguel explained it perfectly, though since you're new I might give you a bit more insight into the details.

Indeed, the OutSystems Agile Platform comprises 2 (well, 3) main components: Service Studio - the Agile Platform's IDE; Platform Server - the platform itself, which manages the entire application lifecycle, from deployment, to changing, to managing them; and the Integration Studio, which allows you to integrate with other systems, or write native C# code.

As such, the Agile Platform is a full runtime environment, a full-lifecycle-management platform, and not just a development one.

Service Studio will always publish an application to a Platform Server, so for you to directly transfer your applications to an external server, you will need to install the Agile Platform in that external server, and then either follow Miguel's suggestion, or connect Service Studio directly to the new server.

As such, knowing there the files are deployed to will have no impact whatsoever in transferring to any other place. In principle, you will need the Platform Server in the external server you want to use to run the applications, since the Agile Platform is not a code generator.

I hope this makes it clearer. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have, be it about this or other topic!

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi,

Thank you very much for the replies. I will try this and see.

This product rocks!
Thanks for the words :)

Looking forward to hearing more about how it goes.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares