About oap files

I've been reading about OAP files, but I can't find the way they can be created for a single entity. It's able to create them for an application with Environment->Environment Management...->Download but it creates an OAP file for the whole application. So can I create an OAP file for just a single entity of the application?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi José,

The OAP file is an application file so it refers to a whole application, not to a single entity.

Why do you want to have an OAP file for a single entity of your application? What is your use case?

Kind Regards,
João

Hi, João.

In the "Lesson Materials" in the course you can find OAP files refered to single entities, so I guess it's able to create them so.

I'm actually learnin' Outsystems anyway, so I thing those files are useful to create an entity in the forge, so you can use it elsewhere, in some other apps. I'm not really sure about the how to, but I guess this is the real use for those files, right?

Thanks for sharing knowledge. :-)

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi José,

I guess the lesson materials are an OutSystems application with the baseline / checkpoint built (like the entities) so you can complete the assignment from there instead of rebuilding it from the start which you have done on the previous lessons.

An OAP is the file correspondent to an OutSystems application which you can download on the application detail page either on Service Center or in Service Studio, as you can see on the images below:

To publish an application, you can do opening the OAP file in Service Studio or through Service Center:

You mention "create an entity on forge". Let me clarify that the OutSystems forge is a repository of applications that can be used by everyone. These apps / components may include connectors, accelerators for UI or even utility actions and these forge components may include entities or not but the components are usually an application (the OAP file).

Kind Regards,
João

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.