[Amazon DynamoDB Connector] Module Error after last update.
Forge component by Guilherme Pereira
Application Type
Reactive

Hi Guilherme, how's it going?

We use your connector for long time. Thank you. 

But after last update, i dont know why, received a new error. Error log bellow:

Method not found: 'Amazon.Runtime.RequestRetryMode Amazon.Runtime.IClientConfig.get_RetryMode()'.

But more strange that this problem start a few day, not in exacly moment that update. 

Can you help to undertand this issue?

Thank you.

Jef

Hello Cristiana

First, I want to apologize that I didn't update this ticket.

I was able to identify and fix the problem.

The problem was another extension connected to the project. This other extension is responsible for connecting to S3. It uses another version of aws sdk. This version is too old and does not contain some methods necessary for the Dynamo component.

To solve this I downloaded another forge component to connect to S3 and that has the aws sdk updated.

However, it is important that this issue is logged. As I understand it, when outsystems compiles the app, it adds the SDK. What happened was that, despite one of the components having the SDK updated, the one that was selected for compilation was the one that had the SDK out of date. I do not know why.

Thanks.

Uh tough.

Thanks for updating. I'm marking your post as a solution to help others and I'll convey this behavior to the Product team.

Hi Jef,

And what version of the component are you running now? Have you tried to rollback to a previous one? Does it work?

Thanks,

Guilherme

Hi Guilherme, thank you about your response.

We identifig this issue on developer and quality enviroments.  Our production enviroment are work fine. So we download the production version and install on develoment and quality. But do not work.

So we uninstall from development and download from forge again. Doesn't work too.

But the must strange are that the version of Dynamo Connector on production server also is last version of forge and work fine. 

I don't know, but i guess that may be anything on aws sdk.

What do you think?

Jef

If you took the version from prod (which is working) and deployed it in QA/DEV and it fails it could be either the SDK or even the .NET version (or something else that I'm not seeing)

Are you running a cloud or on-prem infra? If it is on-prem can you check if the .NET version is the same between dev/qa and prod?

Guilherme

I'm running on-prem. I'll check. But i guess yes. 

Let me tell you about my quality control. Until this morning this environment worked well with the same version of prod. So, to test if the problem was focused on Dev, i deployed my app on QA. To push the test even further, I re-deployed, without changing anything, the connector version aready instaled on server.  Well, and stopped working too.

I'm afraid of re-deploy the connector on the prod and stop too.

But tomorrow I'll try other tests, I'll be back here to tell you what happened.

For now thanks.

Hi Jef,

Did you manage to understand what's happening?

I tried to replicate the issue but unsuccessfully, I'm assuming because I don't have access to an on-prem installation and/or with the same configurations as your servers.

Does this error appear when doing something specific with the component or it's random?

Hello Cristiana

First, I want to apologize that I didn't update this ticket.

I was able to identify and fix the problem.

The problem was another extension connected to the project. This other extension is responsible for connecting to S3. It uses another version of aws sdk. This version is too old and does not contain some methods necessary for the Dynamo component.

To solve this I downloaded another forge component to connect to S3 and that has the aws sdk updated.

However, it is important that this issue is logged. As I understand it, when outsystems compiles the app, it adds the SDK. What happened was that, despite one of the components having the SDK updated, the one that was selected for compilation was the one that had the SDK out of date. I do not know why.

Thanks.

Uh tough.

Thanks for updating. I'm marking your post as a solution to help others and I'll convey this behavior to the Product team.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.