setTimeOut is not defined
Question
Application Type
Reactive

I am trying to use a setTimeOut function in a Javascript action but gets an error "setTimeOut is not defined". Can anyone please suggest if I am missing any dependency?

Polling.oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Biswajit,

You have used the incorrect method name i.e. the 'o' in the setTimeout is not a CAPS (capital) character

Correct Syntax:

setTimeout(function(){ $actions.PollProcessStatus() }, 3000);

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Thanks Benjith 

mvp_badge
MVP

You're welcome, Biswajit,

Glad to help you :)

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Biswajit,

I could see from you code, you are using invalid keyword for setTimeout(). I have corrected and validated. Change the 'O' to lower case 'o' 

Corrected Output : https://aadhavan.outsystemscloud.com/Polling/Screen1

Invalid Keyword: setTimeOut

valid Keyword: setTimeout

Thanks, Aadhavan S

mvp_badge
MVP

Did you notice that one hour before your reply Benjith already replied with exactly the same reply?

Benjith posted his reply when I am drafting my answer including screenshot. And it was posted 14 mins later not one hour. Validate time logs..

I don't have option to delete my answer. Meanwhile benjith answer is marked as solution.  

Can you explain how to overcome this situation?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Aadhavan,

Forget about it, I can only see it was 1 hour later, not 14 min. These things happen. It is an active community and everybody tries to help. That is all good.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.