Entity NAME renamed to NAME2 after opening module in service studio
Service Studio Version
11.11.14 (Build 47936)

After opening the module in service studio the entity name changed from CONTROL to CONTROL2. Same for RISK to RISK2.

We have no other, as far as we can see,  objects with this name.
So we have no clue how to resolve this.

PS In the past we've had a similar issue with the Process table. But with a trick we we're able to fix this via a dependency from System/Process

Hi Rui,

There seems to be a bug in Service Studio according to Outsystems.

For now we were able to fix the problem by merging the latest version of the module with the last version in which the tables were still correct. By keeping the tables of that latest version the module was correct after the merge.

Outsystems R&D has to take a deeper look into the problem and implement a fix/solution in a later version of Service Studio.

So for now we are able to continue our work and hope it doesn't occur again.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards

Cees

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello there Cees,

Hope you're doing well.

Mind to share your OML so we can take a look? Is this only happening for CONTROL and RISK entities?


Kind regards,

Rui Barradas


P.S.: I remember that situation with the Process table :D

Hi Rui,

I've shared the OML.

It's only happening for those 2 entities.

Kind regards,

Cees


RatioInControlCS.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello there Cees,

So I was doing several tests on this matter and this is a very strange behavior indeed (like the Process entity before).

The objects Risk and Control doesn't seem to exist in the module because it is possible to create Structures with those exact names:

I also did another test and created 2 entities with those exact names in another module (Product) and tried to import them. After adding these as dependencies, they assumed their original names as well:


However I couldn't remove those "2" out of the desired entities, even after changing the name from "Control" and "Risk" imported from Product module to something else.


My guess is that the module has ghost references to some specific Control/Risk entities from another specific module (the same happened with Process system entity).


Can you identify these original entities?

If so, try to import them again. Rename them to something else and try to remove the "2" afterwards.


Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui,

Thanks for the work and clear explanation. But we went  through all the other modules and we're not able to identify any original  entities.

I made an incident at Outsystems and I'll let you know what's been the problem.


Kind regards,

Cees

Hi Rui,

There seems to be a bug in Service Studio according to Outsystems.

For now we were able to fix the problem by merging the latest version of the module with the last version in which the tables were still correct. By keeping the tables of that latest version the module was correct after the merge.

Outsystems R&D has to take a deeper look into the problem and implement a fix/solution in a later version of Service Studio.

So for now we are able to continue our work and hope it doesn't occur again.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards

Cees

mvp_badge
MVP

Thank you for letting me know.

Glad the issue is solved :)


Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Cees,

Check whether you are having any dependency modules with same entity name and share OML to understand the issue better as mentioned by Rui Barradas 

Hi Aadhavan,

We've checked and are unable to find same entities in any other module.

Kind regards,

Cees

Hi Cees, 

Did you also look at other kinds of objects, e.g. structures? Naming should be unique for those as well, not just entities, so having for example a structure called CONTROL could also cause the CONTROL entity to be renamed.

Kind regards,
Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

We did. There are no other objects with the same name.

Shame there's no feature to detect what's causing this problem ;-) So I submitted an idea for this.

Kind regards,

Cees


Hello Cees,


If you are confident about dependencies and structure, I could only see one more possibility for your concern. May be you or any of your team mate have created entity with name Control and Risk and published the module, later those entities have been renamed or deleted and again created entity with same name(i.e. Control and Risk) and published. While publishing OS didn't ask to change the name but later when you re-opened the module OS automatically it because in DB there was already a entity with similar reference. This happened with me once so I did R&D and I got to know that OS does not deletes the actual entity in the server once it is published.


Regards,

Sanjay

Hello Sanjay,

Thanks for the response.

But this is not the case. This module is very stable and no adjustments where made to the entities.

Kind regards,

Cees

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.