Database unavailable in current context, unable to use local data in screen
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.11.0 (Build 42742)
Platform Version
11.9.1 (Build 20359)

Hello everyone,

So I have two screens. Screen 1 where I am storing the data in a database called GetDesiredProducts. I need to use this stored data in another screen using if conditions. I need to check if in screen 2 a particular "process order number" matches the process order number stored in the database, then my fields in screen 2 should be populated with that data. I see that my local database has everything I need as shown.

I am using a fetch data from other sources action to check if the "RawProcessOrder_Number = GetDesiredProducts.List.Current.DesiredProducts.Class" Then
Out1.Class = GetDesiredProducts.List.Current.DesiredProducts.Class

However, I am unable to get that data. It says unavailable in current context. What am I doing wrong?

This field is where the data needs to be populated.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Zeeshan

Solution

Figured it out. The aggregate was showing as unavailable because I wasn't using it my fetch server action. Attached image shows the change I made.

Hello Zeesan,

Please see attached sample App to know how to use Fetch Data from other sources. I had tried to keep it simple for you to understand the logic.

Kindly review it and let me know, if you still see any issue in fetching the data using it.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin

DataSourceDemoApp.oml

Hi Sachin!

Thanks for helping out here. I am still confused why my logic is not working. Could you please explain your logic a bit more? What you have done here I believe Outsystems automatically creates for you when you create a database instance.
I am also storing the data I need in a local database instance but I am unable to use it in my other screen. Unfortunately, I am unable to share my oml due to confidential data but if you can explain what you are trying to do here. I can check in my logic what I did wrong. Thanks!

Solution

Figured it out. The aggregate was showing as unavailable because I wasn't using it my fetch server action. Attached image shows the change I made.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.