Compiler error trying to publish extension

Compiler error trying to publish extension

Greetings.

I've been trying all day long, without success, to publish an extension.

The extension Output type is Class Library and Target framework is .NET Framework 2.0. No errors and no warnings.

In Integration Studio if Compiler Tool is set to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\MSBuild.exe I get

C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\xxx_LinkedIn\Source\NET\xxx_LinkedIn.sln.9.sln(1): Ficheiro de solu‡Æo error MSB5014: A versÆo do formato de ficheiro nÆo ‚ reconhecida. MSBuild pode apenas ler ficheiros de solu‡Æo entre as versäes 7.0 e 9.0, inclusivamente.

If Compiler Tool is set to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe I get

GetFrameworkPaths:
 NÆo foi poss¡vel localizar o .NET Framework SDK. A tarefa est  … procura do caminho para o .NET Framework SDK na localiza‡Æo especificada no valor SDKInstallRootv2.0 da chave de registo HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework. Poder  conseguir resolver o problema ao efectuar um dos seguintes procedimentos: 1.) Instale o .NET Framework SDK. 2.) Defina manualmente a chave de registo acima para a localiza‡Æo correcta.

What should I do??

Hi João,

This error seems to be related to the Microsoft .Net Framework installation in your server.

I'll suggest doing a fresh install of the .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 from this link, and then setting up Integration Studio to compile using

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe

and the default options, which should be

/nologo /verbosity:minimal /target:Rebuild /property:Configuration=Release

Let us know if this solves your problem, and if not, what other issues you run into.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo.

Thank you for your always fast response. Actually I followed a suggestion the error output gave me that had something to do with a RegKey not being set and everything is ok now.

Now what I don't know is why the Integration Studio publish process gives me an error and the VS Studio doesn't. Isn't the build tool supposed to be the same? I even set it in the Integration Studio options...

Another thing... when I'm doing an extension should I always aim to Framework 2.0 or can I build something with later frameworks?

Cheers,
João
Hi joão,

As Paulo said the correct msbuild to use is C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\MSBuild.exe
That message you get about
GetFrameworkPaths is not an error, just an information saying it could not find the SDK (it is not required).
Is there any other error text after that message?

For the version for the version of the target framework you can use 2.0 or 3.5, as long your server machine has 3.5 installed.

Regards,
João Rosado