SOAP API - Large Data

Good afternoon incredible Outsytems Community~!!!

***The below is a continuation of this link: SOAP API Structures and Timers | OutSystems 

We are an Independent Adjusting Company and IT Consultant/Director for Insurance Carrier's in the domestic USA. Particularly in LA and FL where the Hurricane is expected as a CAT 3 on Sunday to make landfall. Due to this, we or "I" (lol) am trying to do a large sprint to get the app where we can bench-test the for the Hurricane. Being able to do a CAT bench-test is a rare opportunity and crucial before a production release even if in early dev. stages so don't want to miss the opportunity.  I posted a recent, problem I have been trying to get around/figure out, I need the data fetched via a SOAP API to go into an entity.  Though it seemed I had the right solution provided, I couldn't seem to get it figured out to work. I went ahead and just had the data called on demand to the API to keep production/development moving.  So for example, on app home page ready, there is a list of claims displayed, this list data is fetched from our Claims Web Portal Database via a SOAP API on load.  The problem is, this removes our ability for offline use which will be necessary for a Hurricane type situation (cell towers will be down).

So I wanted to make another post on the subject just to see if there was any else that might have some feedback as to what I'm doing wrong here....  Here is the post where I marked "Solved" prematurely:

***SOAP API Structures and Timers | OutSystems 

The above link has screen shots of where I was at when stopping but basically I would be starting fresh back at consuming the app.

One of the problems might be that I can't seem to be able to put an Id to entities created to match the API structure.  In the structures provided, it includes a structure labeled as an Id for each array of structures consumed.  I would think I could just mirror my entity/attributes off the structures and then create the same attribute as it's Id for each array of structures consumed.  

I made a quick flow chart to show data flow just in case anyone wanted to contribute on any other factors or ideas.   In short, data comes from a third-party database (all grey in below image) via a SOAP API.  I don't have control to modify the private API as it's a third-party app, so have to get the data as they have provided availability to do so.  So for example on calling the "claims" it doesn't provide me with the "Adjuster" which is what we have to group them by on our side.  That is a separate API call and array of structures. Additionally, there is no separate API per adjuster/user, so I have to call with one admin user ALL USERS or Adjusters data and then once on my side, I can put per user/adjuster permissions on the data.  

One last note, if anyone has time this weekend and would want to assist me in the seeing if we can get this to a position to roll out by end of next week, that would be awesome.  Even if you are new and just want the experience working on a large project, two heads are better than one and I'm new as well. I will not forget about you when I release it to the carriers on completion that is for sure (ROI)! : )   

Cheers everyone and thanks-

Solution

Figured it out on how to get into entity with sync schedules, etc... should anyone get stuck in trying to get data from api's to entities when the API's just dump a clump of data with all sorts of random Id's and structure arrays, let me know and can help you sort it all out.  It was much more complicated that I expected. 

of course after figuring it out, I moved the data model to the client data going into the back-end admin react native portal. Then created the app with everything going in/out to my own API's as needed directly to my own back-end separate admin portal for the app.  From admin portal it goes to clients via 5 minute sync timers or on-demand/real-time.  This seemed like the best way not to have to greatly adjust the app in the future for each new client, rather it would be standalone capable for any data from any data sources with merely changing a couple general specifics within the app itself.  It's a large data group with a lot of varying API's and significant amount of screens so changing the app every time you bring a new client on didn't seem reasonable.  I'm new to this all so I'm sure there is a better way or standardized concept in place within the development world for a retail product model of this nature but just not aware of anything other than what I have learned so far through trial and error. 

if anyone needs any advices in this area within this topic, just DM me and will help them as I can on the little I know. lol Thanks everyone though for the help through the other thread, the solution originally provided there was as I suspected, correct.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.