'Boolean' data type required instead of 'None'
Application Type
Reactive

I am trying to set a condition for an If in a 'SaveOnClick' flow. I am comparing an integer to data from an Input Widget of type 'Number'. However, I keep getting an error of 'Boolean' data type required instead of 'None'. 

Solution

Hello @Tenisha Lovell

In your 'If' clause, you are comparing the number value on the left with a widget name on the right. That is why you are getting the 'Boolean data type required instead of None' error.

If you replace 'Input_Start' and 'Input_End' with the variable values they hold, it will resolve the issue.

Regards,

AJ

Hello Tenisha,

If I understand your query well then I would like to suggest you that take one local variable and set its datatype to Boolean and then compare it. Otherwise set true or false while comparing in if condition.

Even though issue not resolved then give us sample OML and describe your issue so that we can able to understand it.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Ajit kurane.

I have a database with numbers that have been issued to customers. Numbers are issued in ranges via a form. However, a range should not be issued if there is a number in a range that is already taken. For example, range 21-25 should not be issued if number 24 was previously issued. In the 'SaveOnClick' flow, we want to go through the list of numbers in the database and compare it to the range input by the user. 

I have attached 4 images: 

• The image labelled "Condition" shows the condition I currently have
  • "ERD" shows my Entities and their attributes to help you understand
  • "Form" shows that the Input Widget for Start is of Input type "Number"
  • "TypeNone" shows that Input_Start is of type "None"

Note: The Start attribute in the Entity is of type "Integer" but is converted to "Number" for the Input Widget.

Images.zip

Solution

Hello @Tenisha Lovell

In your 'If' clause, you are comparing the number value on the left with a widget name on the right. That is why you are getting the 'Boolean data type required instead of None' error.

If you replace 'Input_Start' and 'Input_End' with the variable values they hold, it will resolve the issue.

Regards,

AJ

Thank you so much! I did not realize that the variable property was the value of the input. 

Hi,

can you share some screenprints of the if condition, of the proporties of the input an variables involved

Dorine

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.