Export Multilingual files from many modules
Application Type
Reactive, Service
Service Studio Version
11.11.14 (Build 47936)
Platform Version
11.13.0 (Build 31107)

We are in the process of migrating from the Multilingual Component to OutSystems Multilingual feature. We have many Modules that have translations (over 20!) in both Reactive and Service modules.

After we update all the modules to use the new Multilingual files, what would be a good way to get an overview of all missing translations for many modules? Is there any way to export all  (or a selection of) Multilingual resource files in an environment?

Champion
Solution

Hi Emma,

• Create a solution on the service center & add all the respective modules which have translations i.e MultilingualTranslation resource to this newly created solution.
  • Now Download the solution from the service center [ it will download the .osp file]
  • Extract the .osp file downloaded to get the OML files
  • On command prompt run bellow  [Make sure the CMD path is pointing to the zip extract-folder ]
    • Create Translations folder in the extracted folder
    • for %f in (*.oml) do "C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Development Environment 11\Service Studio\ServiceStudio.exe" -export %f Translations resX
  • This will give you an export of all Language [ Default & Add-on Langugae] Resource files in the Translation Folder.

Hope it helps,
Assif

Hi Assif, thanks for that command!

I used xls for my use case instead of resX.

Champion
Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.