How to build a service application in Outsystems with Microservices architecture
Question
Application Type
Service

Hello All,

How to build a service application in Outsystems with Microservices architecture. I have gone through few articles and their recommendation of using service actions for the purpose of loosely coupled components. I would like to know how service actions enables the feature of isolation & independent deployment which is expected for a microservice. 

Are there any  sample service applications available in Forge for microservice architecture?  

Thanks for your support in advance,

KJ

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Karthik,

Behind the scenes, service actions are REST calls contributing indeed for a more isolated and loosely coupled approach.

I recall and strongly recommend you to watch a presentation on this subject by Rui Coutinho, an Architecture & Development Domain Expert here.

It is really interesting and capture not only the difference between server and service actions but also a few use cases on where using one or another is advantageous. 

Kind Regards,
João

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.