Time difference from SGT to IST in exported list?
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Hi All,

I'm working on a scenario where I'm facing a challenge on different time-zones. I'm displaying the Journey time in frontend as SGT (Singapore Time) format but while exporting the list and download it there I'm showing Journey time in some different time. It's taking the IST (Indian Time) time.

I wanted to show the same time format (SGT) which I'm showing while displaying into the exported list .

Please find the image for reference. Any help will be appreciable.

Thanks

Prince Kumar 

mergefromofoct.jpg

Hello @Prince K,

The information you have shared is not adding up. Based on the screenshot you have shared:

1. If the UI time is SGT and the downloaded/exported value in IST then  6:32 PM (18:32) in the UI should be 16:02 in the downloaded file but you are showing 13:02The difference between SGT and IST is 2 hours and 30 minutes. So the value in the excel cannot be IST.

2. The datetime on the server is typically stored in UTC. So I think your UI is displaying IST time and the values in the database server are UTC (by default). IST is 5 hours and 30 minutes ahead of UTC. So this would explain the 5 hours and 30 minutes difference between your UI and the exported value. To be specific, this would explain why you see 6:32 PM (18:32) in the UI and 13:02 in the downloaded Excel file.

If you confirm #2 to be the case, then this is expected behavior in Reactive web apps. Checkout this post that discusses this further in detail. Hope it helps,

Best regards,

AJ

Thanks AJ, For the reply

Yes I have noticed the time difference is more than 2 hrs. 30 min. 

But is there any way to make this time as same as SGT time format and store as well in SGT format in exported/downloaded list.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.