Many to many relationship question

With many to many relationships I have a project entity, an employee entity, and a junction entity called EmployeeToProject. My issue is coming were I am trying to make a form where you can create projects and assign several employees to them. The assign option is a dropdown and the first one is working. How would create something that would allow a number of employees to be assigned to single project without limiting that number? and how would I create the UI to keep adding more dropdown options if the user needed to add more employees?

Thank you

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi John,

One pattern commonly used for selecting multiple options is the Dropdown Tags from OutSystems UI.

It's easy to use and will allow you to select multiple employees for the same project.

Kind regards,

João

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi John,

Based on the mentioned use case, to assign multiple users to a project, you will have to use DropdownTags widget (refer to OutSystemsUI Module)

I have created a quick (please refactor it) sample solution: RWA | EmployeeToProject Task

Refer to the attached .oml file

I hope this helps you in drafting the final solution!

PS: Sorry! I lately observed that João already mentioned the solution. Anyways you can refer to the attached .oml

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

RWALabProjectEmployee.oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi John,

One pattern commonly used for selecting multiple options is the Dropdown Tags from OutSystems UI.

It's easy to use and will allow you to select multiple employees for the same project.

Kind regards,

João

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi John,

Based on the mentioned use case, to assign multiple users to a project, you will have to use DropdownTags widget (refer to OutSystemsUI Module)

I have created a quick (please refactor it) sample solution: RWA | EmployeeToProject Task

Refer to the attached .oml file

I hope this helps you in drafting the final solution!

PS: Sorry! I lately observed that João already mentioned the solution. Anyways you can refer to the attached .oml

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

RWALabProjectEmployee.oml

Thank you both!!! that really helped 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.