Preparing for Platform upgrade
Question
Platform Version

Hello experts, 

Preparing to upgrade our platform server (cloud) from 11.0.615 to 11.12.x (?). All modules have been backed up using a solution. At this point, I'm looking for a way to backup site properties, integration details, and timer schedules across all modules. Would you know a faster or easier way to go about doing such? Appreciate any tips/suggestion. Thank you.  

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Still I don't think you need to worry about that, as it is a cloud upgrade OutSystems.takes care of the actual upgrade part. Your part is to regression test all functionality and fix breaking changes.

The metadata you want to backup is not affected by the upgrade.

Anyhow the system entities I referred to are mentioned in this OutSystems document https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Data_Migration_From_Production_to_Non-Production_Environment/OutSystems_Platform_Metamodel

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Cesar,

Why you need to have a backup of those? We don't do that with platform upgrades and we recently updated two infrastructures one to 11.12.0 and one ton11.12.2. 

But if you really think you need to do this, the data is stored in OutSystems metadata, and those systems entities are accessible to query and export to for example Excel or JSON.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Cesar,

Actually, we dunt need to backup those data. As when we upgrade the platform, we just upgrade the platform server software, and the data are stored in DB, these data we will not upgrade until we upgrade the SQL server version or Oracl version. So in case, we can backup the server to a image. 

Hope this will help you.

Thanks, @Daniël Kuhlmann and @Merliny,  Need those backed up just so we can easily update the values in case something goes wrong. 

Appreciate it if you could share the query to look up those metadata to save me some time looking. :)       

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Still I don't think you need to worry about that, as it is a cloud upgrade OutSystems.takes care of the actual upgrade part. Your part is to regression test all functionality and fix breaking changes.

The metadata you want to backup is not affected by the upgrade.

Anyhow the system entities I referred to are mentioned in this OutSystems document https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/Data_Migration_From_Production_to_Non-Production_Environment/OutSystems_Platform_Metamodel

Regards,

Daniel

Appreciate your input. Just that it is something the is being practiced within the company. Could be due to the fact that we are using a shared oracle database for non-prod environments.  

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.