How to avoid different name on Entity attributes and database?
Question

I was checking Outsystems application database, and some of table names and table columns was different from Outsystems Entities. For example an Entity named Exampled with columns: Id, Description and Isactive. When i checked on dataBase the collunn name was Description01. How to avoid that?

Hi, Mauricio.

The OutSystems platform uses metadata to enable low code development.

Usually when you rename an entity, the previous name given to it will remain in the database.

This can also happen for entity attributes when you look at columns of tables in the database.

For entity attributes, there are data type changes that also make the column name different from the attribute name in the database (usually an incremental is included, for example, Attribute01).

One solution we use is:

1) Delete the entity and/or entity attribute in the module that is being developed in OutSystems and perform the publication.

2) Use the DBCleaner tool to remove the entity and/or the entity attribute in the Database.

3) Correctly include the entity and/or the entity attribute in the module that is being developed in OutSystems and perform the publication.

There is an article that mentions this topic.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_Language/Data/Database_Reference/How_Data_Model_Changes_are_Handled?_gl=1*1lbrz3b*_ga*NzI4MTkzOTg2LjE2MzI3NDEyNzY.*_ga_ZD4DTMHWR2*MTYzMjc0MTI3Ny4xLjEuMTYzMjc0MjY2OS40OQ

I hope I helped you.

Luiz Alberto Jr.

Thanks Luiz Alberto.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.