Why reactive web follows asynchronous programming ?
Application Type
Reactive

Can anyone explain please

The difference between asychronous  and synchronous programming.

Why traditional web not follows asychronous programming? And why reactive web follows asynchronous programming?

Please explain in detail with real time example.

Solution

Hi Ajit,

Great question. Let me try to explain with a simple example.

If you have a dashboard screen in traditional web that shows data from several places, probably you’ll have some aggregates on preparation. Each of those aggregates will only run after the previous has finished, and the page will only start showing at the end of preparation, after the server has rendered the screen.

in reactive the page is rendered right away, in the browser, and, as aggregates and data actions are being fetched (in parallel), the page gets updated. This can give a much better experience.

Although taking advantage of the speed that asynchronous calls can give can be a technically complex task, OutSystems tries to make this as straightforward as possible.

This being said, this is not the only advantage of reactive, another big one is that screen actions are created in JavaScript and, as such, can run much faster, in the browser.

You can read more about it here: https://www.outsystems.com/blog/posts/all-you-need-to-know-about-reactive-web/

Hope this has answered your question, but if it hasn’t? Please let me know.

Cheers,

Tiago Simões 

Thanks

the best difference I feel is majority of the things in the REACTIVE are handled in client side when compared with traditional web.

Thanks for your response.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.