calling secure TLS1.2 SOAP WS
Question
Application Type
Service

I can't consume secure TLS1.2 SOAP WS with outsystems v11.12.1??

Did someone make it work?

erroroutsystems.pdf

Solution

the key was in the X509Certificate2 object

var cert = new X509Certificate2(ssClientCertificateContent, ssCertificatePassword);

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.security.cryptography.x509certificates.x509certificate2.-ctor?view=net-5.0

Brilliant!
This solution also solved my problem
Thank you very much for sharing
mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ruben,

That error can mean a number of things, but to answer your question, yes you can consume a SOAP using TLS 1.2, and yes, people have made it work (including myself).

Note that you do not need an OnBeforeRequestAdvanced just for the TLS 1.2. If you have an HTTPS end point for your SOAP, it should TLS 1.2 automatically.

That doesn't help you here of course, but these things are difficult to tackle without more information. It could be certificate problems (either the certificate you use or that of the other party), proxy server problems, or server configuration problems, all of which I cannot check from here.

Hi Killian,

In all cases who i try to consume secure WS with TLS1.2 and certtificate i find the same error:

"Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel"

I've validated that the certificate works correctly using SoapUi and Postman from Outsystems server, thats also exclude problems with proxy.

Possibly it will be a server configuration problem.

I've documented it and been entered a support case. I am waiting for response.

Im new in outsystems technology and i work for my firts project in OS.

Thank you very much for answer the my question. 

25302381.pdf

mvp_badge
MVP

Too bad your first project runs into this. SOAP can be really difficult to get right, without OutSystems being to blame.

Solution

the key was in the X509Certificate2 object

var cert = new X509Certificate2(ssClientCertificateContent, ssCertificatePassword);

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/system.security.cryptography.x509certificates.x509certificate2.-ctor?view=net-5.0

Brilliant!
This solution also solved my problem
Thank you very much for sharing
Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.