How to know the MIME Type
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Hi everyone,

I hope you're doing well.

I have one question regarding the MIME types and I need your help.

So, I use the widget "Upload" to do the upload of several documents (excel, pdf, images, etc) but I need to know the mime type of each document because after doing the upload I want to do the download of each document and I need to know the mime type of each document before to do the download.

I'm doing an application in reactive and I can't discover how to know the mime type of each document.

How can I know the mime type?

Thank you,

FC

Hello Fábio,

Here you have this solution. I think it solves the problem, because the component in reactive cannot find the file type.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/54515/reactive-web-check-file-type/ 

Regards,

Jorge Rodrigues

Jorge,

Thank you for your answer.

It's solved.

Kind regards,

FC

Solution

Hi @Fábio Miguel Ferreira Coelho 

You definitely have options. Jorge's suggestion should work for you.

There is also a forge component Binary Data Client Actions which has a client action - "GetFileContentType" that might be another option.

Regards,

AJ

AJ.,

It's solved.

Kind regards,

FC

Hello Fábio,

Here you have this solution. I think it solves the problem, because the component in reactive cannot find the file type.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/54515/reactive-web-check-file-type/ 

Regards,

Jorge Rodrigues

Jorge,

It's solved.

Kind regards,

FC

Solution

Hi @Fábio Miguel Ferreira Coelho 

You definitely have options. Jorge's suggestion should work for you.

There is also a forge component Binary Data Client Actions which has a client action - "GetFileContentType" that might be another option.

Regards,

AJ

AJ.,

It's solved.

Kind regards,

FC

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.