I can't figure out "Unexpected end of JSON input".
Application Type
Reactive

I implemented this kind of network with CytoScape.js library, but I've got "unexpected end of json input" error.

I have the below list for Nodes. I change it to Json and assign it to "Out1" in "DataAction1",then put "Out1" into "itemsJson" of CytoscapeBlock.

I assign "itemsJson" to a variable as array.

I googled that error and I tried everything but I couldn't figure it out.

Do you have any ideas on why I'm having "unexpectd end of JSON input" error in Client action?

I look forward to your advice.

I've attached my oml file for your information.

I'd appreciate it if you could tell me why I'm missing.

Best,

Cytoscape.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Tsubasa,

The encountered issue is due to the execution of the block element i.e. CytoscapeBlock before the dependent DataAction completed its fetch operation. As a solution, I suggest you encapsulate the CytoscapeBlock within an IF node as shown below with a condition.

Note: I have renamed the DataAction to --> GetItemListJSON

Condition Expression value:

GetItemListJSON.IsDataFetched 
and 
not GetItemListJSON.HasFetchError 
and 
Trim(GetItemListJSON.Out) <> ""

Refer to the attached .oml file

See this working screen: Cytoscape Diagram

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Cytoscape.oml

Hi,  Benjith Sam 

Thank you for giving me the solution!

I have a question.

I'd like to know about the Expression in that IF node .

and 
not GetItemListJSON.HasFetchError 
and 

Am I correct that you need to use the above expression when you solve "Unexpected end of Json input"?

For me, for example, "Trim(GetItemListJSON.Out)" looks like a unique expression.

I'm curious about it.

Best,

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Tsubasa,

Let's break the expression and try to understand

1) IsDataFetched is a runtime property which you can refer from the DataAction and Screen Aggregate

• IsDataFetched is True when data has been fetched from the database and is ready to be used. "

2) HasFetchError is a runtime property which you can refer from the DataAction and Screen Aggregate

• HasFetchError is True when there is an error during data fetch due to a server error or communication timeout.
not GetItemListJSON.HasFetchError // negation of the boolean value

For more info refer this: Documentation | Data_Action

3) Trim function is used to remove all leading and trailing space from the text. So this condition checks whether the Output JSON from the DataAction is a non-empty value. 

In short, I just defined multiple layers of strict (AND) conditional check to ONLY load the block if and only if the block input JSON value (i.e. ItemsJson) is available.

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith Sam

I understood what you mean.

I got what I want thanks to your advice.

Thanks.

Best,

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.