Traditional Web: Get Unique Device Information

For traditional web, is there any built-in function to get device information? I wish to get unique information such as device name or device ip

I tried to use server action from Reference as screenshot below but it returns quite useless information such as desktop, tablet or phone.

Screenshot1.jpg

Hi,

I'm not sure about built-in function, however did you try some forge components such as device-information or get-device-information. It's mobile but it's client actions so I think you can give a try.

Regards,

Khuong

Hi, 

it is unable to get dependencies even it is client actions

What are you trying to achieve? If you are simply trying to detect a returning user then one option is to create a cookie and use that to detect the on next return of the user. There are some actions in httprequesthandler such as getip however in the case of computers behind a firewall or router such as corporate networks you will get the same IP address returned for every machine in the network.

I tried this but as u said in the case of computers behind a firewall or router such as corporate networks you will get the same IP address returned for every machine in the network. 

My application is only for internal access so when I use this action return all same ip for every machine.

Is there any other solution?

As I said what are you trying to actually achieve with this info?, why do you need it as there could be alternative ways of doing it such as storing a cookie on the client side.

I am trying to get device information which is unique so that I can track the log that triggered by which machine. All the link u gave is return my server ip instead of machine ip

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.