[Camera Plugin] Camera Plugin 7.1.1: How to change Extensibility Configurations for permissions text?
Question
camera-plugin
Forge component by Platform Maintenace
Application Type
Mobile

Apple requires us to enter a specific reason for usage of the camera, and we used to be able to change that in the Extensibility Configurations like this:

{

"plugin":

{

"url": "https://github.com/OutSystems/cordova-plugin-camera#4.0.3-OS5",

"variables": [{

"name": "CAMERA_USAGE_DESCRIPTION",

"value": "We only access your camera to take pictures of receipts when entering a claim."

},

{

"name": "PHOTOLIBRARY_USAGE_DESCRIPTION",

"value": "We only access your photo library to load pictures of receipts when entering a claim."

},

{

"name": "PHOTOLIBRARY_ADD_USAGE_DESCRIPTION",

"value": "We access your photo library to save pictures you took of your receipts."

},

{

"name": "LOCATION_WHENINUSE_USAGE_DESCRIPTION",

"value": "We access your location so your photos can take advantage of location data."

}]

}

}

But the latest version of the plugin is protected, am I supposed to create a clone just for this feature and use the clone? Or is there another way to change the text in the permissions dialog? How do other developers do this?

Kind regards,

Wendy Tromp

Hello Wendy, 

You have two options here:

1. Create a clone like you were mentioning;

2. Create your own application from scratch and use the URL of Github on the Extensibility Configurations of the application you created;

However, in theory you should be able to override the definition of the Extensibility Configurations of the plugin by putting what you neeed on the main app.

Hope this helps :)

João Santos

In the meantime, Outsystems support suggested that I use LifeTime to override the extensibility configuration, which makes sense, I could have thought of that myself. 

Unfortunately somehow that doesn't work, but since we changed so many things (new plugin, new platform version, new MABS version), we are now trying to pinpoint why we are not seeing any custom texts in the permissions popups. Not even for the plugins (Location) that we have not touched. 

So whether this was a good strategy remains to be seen.....

Hello Wendy,

Just to confirm, you are generating a new version of the application by using either Service Center or Service Studio and no error is being provided correct?

Thank you,

João Santos

Wendy,

If you are having trouble with using lifetime, I would just use the main app to override the extensibility configurations.  Make sure you're compiling using Mabs 7.1 and this method should work perfectly.  Just make sure you compile and build the app after you make the changes.

Mike

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.