Login using Service account
Application Type
Traditional Web

I want to know how do I login using service account name from LifeTime in Outsystems 11, can I use the User_Login action for the same?

Regards,

Shilpa

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Shilpa,

From the official documentation:

-------------

A service account is a special account created in LifeTime used in machine-to-machine interactions with OutSystems. Service accounts follow the same permission model of regular user accounts, using roles and teams to define access privileges.

After creating a service account, LifeTime provides you an authentication token string that you will need to include in all REST API requests. Each authentication token contains all the information needed to authenticate a specific service account.

-------------

So you need to use this when accessing OutSystems APIs (like the lifetime API) from other computers/applications, you will not use the username directly, you will use the generated authentication token as bearer token on an HTTP header of the REST API request, in the following format

Authorization: Bearer <authentication_token>

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply.

My use case is not for authenticating the REST API request calls, but I want to use this service account user for normal login. So is that possible?

Regards,

Shilpa

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Shilpa,

No that is not possible, that is what I trued to explain in my previous reply. 

A service account is a special account created in LifeTime used in machine-to-machine interactions with OutSystems. 

You cannot use it as login in OutSystems tools, either you create:

• lifetime accounts, for those that develop, monitor or audit the platform tools like service studio, service center and lifetime.
  • Or you create end-users in the Users application.

Regards,

Daniel

hi Daniel,

Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Shilpa

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.