4 create and update in one save button

here in this oml file i want all the detail of new expense page in  expense detail screen but its showing someting diffrent all together

latest.oml

Solution

Hello Bijay,

If I understood your query well then I have tried to update your OMl.

I have created two new screens.

1) Expenses

2)Expenses Details2

But I would like to suggest you that ,

1) You need to make changes in your database to get the data in proper way.

2) You can use some static entities for static records and then you can give reference in expenses entity. For e.g FoodMenu.

Please find the updated OML.

Regards,

Ajit Kurane.

latest.oml

On first glance,

there is a lot of stuff going on in your oml, don't have time to get into all of it, but 3 things that already stand out :

1° on your Save action of the NewExpense screen, you are not doing anything with the data entered, so of course they don't show up anywhere else

2° your aggregate on expensedetail screen does some funky joins, joining an expense with a foodmenu, over expense.foodcostid and over expense.unitid.  Those are not reference attributes to foodmenu, and you probably don't want to use them to join with foodmenu

3° it looks like it is your intention to not only add a new expense, but also a foodmenu with the newexpense screen.  That is not impossible/unthinkable, but I would say, you are making it needlessly complicated for yourself, considering your level of expertise.  You will need for example to have all kinds of logic trying to understand if it is an existing or new foodmenu that you are trying to and an expence for.  There are 2 id's coming in, how do you deal with that, what if the combination doesn't exist ?  But even then, I would still expect that foodcost and unit are dropdowns, not entry fields.

In general, I think you could benefit greatly from scaffolding standard screens (dragging an entity to a flow) and then studying how that code looks.

Dorine

Hey 

Can you please brief little more so I can update your oml as per expectation. 

Thanks

Yogesh 

i do it in different way but a problem comes out.here in expense detail page 2 page i want the  name dropdown to have one name for each food and have different unit of measurement and price accordingly.

mean dropdown for one food name should automatically come multiple unit of measurement.

check the oml file.

thank you

latest12.oml

Solution

Hello Bijay,

If I understood your query well then I have tried to update your OMl.

I have created two new screens.

1) Expenses

2)Expenses Details2

But I would like to suggest you that ,

1) You need to make changes in your database to get the data in proper way.

2) You can use some static entities for static records and then you can give reference in expenses entity. For e.g FoodMenu.

Please find the updated OML.

Regards,

Ajit Kurane.

latest.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.