[File Viewer Plugin] Plugin not avaiable after update ?  (Production Priority)
file-viewer-plugin
Mobile icon
Forge component by Platform Maintenance
Application Type
Mobile

Hello everyone,
I'm currently trying to update all mobile apps to MABS 8.0 but the mobile File Viewer Plugin seams to have updated to use a new Cordova plugin thus giving an error for the older apps "File Viewer plugin not available".

The app was using an older File Viewer Plugin (Version 1.0.1)

And updated to the lastest File Viewer Plugin (Version 2.0.4 )

Does any one know a way to solve this problem or just another way to open/share/download a file in a mobile app ?

Hi Ian Hill,

The way I solved this issue, was by keeping the old version of File Viewer Plugin (Version 1.0.1)  and adding the new (at that time) version of File Viewer Plugin (Version 2.0.4 ).

I was able to compile the app with both versions.

Then I used the "CheckPlugin" action of the new File Viewer Plugin (Version 2.0.4 ), if IsAvailable = True I used the newest version, otherwise I used the old File Viewer Plugin (Version 1.0.1) .

This way the older mobile Apps running on devices will keep using the old version of File Viewer Plugin (Version 1.0.1), and the newly compiled apps will use the new version of File Viewer Plugin (Version 2.0.4 ).

When the App is released to stores (Apple & Google), all devices will use the newest version of File Viewer Plugin (Version 2.0.4 ).

Hi Luis, Have you solved this issue ? I also facing this issue now after updating MAB 8.0 . Could you give me some advice? Thanks

Hi, we also had this problem after upgrading to the latest version of the plugin - the Outsystems code was now looking for the new Cordova plugin, but older installations still contained the old Cordova version which had a different name. To make it backwards compatible we had to merge in both sets of methods and update the OutSystems logic to look for the old and new versions, and call the appropriate Cordova plugin depending on what was available. 

Hi Ian Hill,

The way I solved this issue, was by keeping the old version of File Viewer Plugin (Version 1.0.1)  and adding the new (at that time) version of File Viewer Plugin (Version 2.0.4 ).

I was able to compile the app with both versions.

Then I used the "CheckPlugin" action of the new File Viewer Plugin (Version 2.0.4 ), if IsAvailable = True I used the newest version, otherwise I used the old File Viewer Plugin (Version 1.0.1) .

This way the older mobile Apps running on devices will keep using the old version of File Viewer Plugin (Version 1.0.1), and the newly compiled apps will use the new version of File Viewer Plugin (Version 2.0.4 ).

When the App is released to stores (Apple & Google), all devices will use the newest version of File Viewer Plugin (Version 2.0.4 ).

Hello OutSystems Community,

Thank you for your interest in our supported File Viewer plugin.

For those still facing difficulties regarding the "File Viewer plugin not available" error, could you share more details about your use cases? For example, is the error happening in both platforms (iOS & Android), or only in one of them? Furthermore, did you generate a new build of the app after updating the version of the File Viewer plugin?

Best regards,

Alexandre Jacinto

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.