trouble with SCInstall.bat fails with error

trouble with SCInstall.bat fails with error

Trying to do first install on Window Server 2008R2 get through most steps then SCInstall.bat fails as follows:

c:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server>SCInstall.bat

Unhandled Exception: System.Security.SecurityException: The source was not found
, but some or all event logs could not be searched.  Inaccessible logs: Security
   at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.FindSourceRegistration(String source, String m
achineName, Boolean readOnly)
   at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source, String machineName
)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Log.ServerLog.SetUp(String source)
   at #x9c.#z9c.#SCb(String[] args)
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer

c:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server>

Any assistance is appreciated
Hi Andrew,

That looks like a case for our support team. Have you submitted it to them when in happens, directly through the installer? If not, I recommend you do so, because that way they will have access to other installation logs that will certainly help them troubleshoot the situation better.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Quick question: are u running SCInstall.bat from a administrator command line or using running as administrator option, or just normal user?
I tried both methods. 1. Run as Administrator from Windows Explorer and 2. from the command line as seen in the included text. HOWEVER, now that you mention it, I did not start the command window Run as Administrator. Let me try that and see what happens.
Yep that solved the problem. Must run command prompt as Administrator.

thanks!