Reactive Datepicker empties the input on form validation
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.14.5 (Build 57418)
Platform Version
11.13.2 (Build 32392)

Does anyone know if this is a bug or if there's anyway I could workaround this behavior?

Issue:

1. I click on an input that initializes with a value and has a Datepicker associated. The datepicker opens.
  2. I click outside the input, which closes the datepicker and triggers an OnBlur.
    • The OnBlur event executes a Server Action and then sets the input.Valid and input.ValidationMessage.
  3. The input becomes empty

What I expected:

• After I open the datepicker, but close it without selecting any date, the value of the input doesn't change.

What I've found:

• The input is cleaned when the Datepicker's "checkValueOnFormValidation" action is called. It verifies if any Date was selected and then sets the value of the input to the selected date or empty if none was selected, which is my case.

Hi Gustavo,

I tried to reproduce this issue, but couldn't. Can you share an OML where the issue happens?

Hi, Aurelio :).

Just managed to isolate the behavior to a single module, which you can find attached.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the database Entity called "Entity" and create a new line with valid date times. Click on Apply.
  2. Navigate to /DatepickerMisbehavior/Datepicker?EntityId={Your Entity Id}
  3. Click inside any of the two Inputs and wait for the date picker to open.
  4. Click outside the input

DatepickerMisbehaviour.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.