[Ultimate PDF for Traditional Web] PrintLayout causes extra empty page to be created
ultimate-pdf-for-traditional-web
Web icon
Forge component by Leonardo Fernandes
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.14.5 (Build 57418)

Goodmorning Ultimate PDF team,

So I was happy to read about the latest version being able to put multiple blocks on a screen to create unique headers and footers on different pages. Thank you for this possibility. Our customer wants to have a specific signature field at the bottom of the last page. So we thought to use an extra PrintLayout and use it's footer.

However, installing the newest version of Ultimate PDF for Traditional Web has one side effect for us: it creates an extra empty page for the first PrintLayout, only containing the header and footer. Currently we have 3 pages in the following example (screenshot only shows the 2nd page). Page 1 contains the correct data and page 3 as well. Page 2, however, is just empty except for the footer and header:

This is not expected behaviour that we would like. Is this a bug and is someone else also experiencing this? Does anyone know why this occurs?

I've tried the following:

- Removed the 2nd PrintLayout - has no effect.
- Tried to generate a PDF with less data on the first page, also no effect
- Rolled back the Ultimate PDF install to an older version - this worked but this version does not have the possibility of adding an extra PrintLayout with the unique footer (how the customer wants).

Please let me know any thoughts and ideas you have.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Michiel

Hi Michiel,

Can you share a screenshot of your current widget tree, so I can try to replicate your issue?

Hi Aurelio,

Thanks for your reply. Attached two screenshots of the widget tree (first the header, the second contains the main content and the footer.

Regards,
Michiel

Hi Michiel,

I was able to replicate the issue with a very simple report with just some static content in it. A second page with only the header and footer is always created. It looks like it's a bug in the component. If I were you, I would drop a DM to the component's author (Leonardo Fernandes) alerting him about this issue.

Hi Aurelio,

I will contact him, thanks for your time to reproduce this problem!

Regards,

Michiel

Hello Michiel,

Do you have any updates on this issue?

I am facing the same problem, but then with the Reactive version of Ultimate PDF.

Regards,

Daan Brandenburg

Hi Daan,

Sadly not. I've sent a message to component developer, but no reply as of yet. I've reverted my version back to the old one sadly.

Initially I needed to have a different footer on my last page. I've have "solved" my problem by making a floating container using css that places it at the bottom of the page. The floating container allows you to place a specific container at a specific location on the screen using height and width parameters.

However, the problem with floating containers is that it ignores content of any other data on the screen. So you can get overlap of data if the other containers end up at the bottom of the screen. So far I have not found a way to place a specific container at the bottom of a page + keeping in mind the other data, so it does not overlap. 

To fix that problem, I've built normal container with the same content as the footer, but then just placing it at the end.  Users can use a boolean to either use the floating container or the normal container, depending on how it is printed as PDF. It doesn't win any prizes, but its a workaround that worked for my customer.

I hope this problem is fixed soon, so then I can really fix this problem.

Regards,

Michiel

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.