How to block a user from all IP address with wrong credenatils?
Application Type
Reactive

Hi , 

Once user enters wrong credenatils more than 7 times , user got blocked  untill 60 mins.  This is outsystems default locking mechanism. Currently If I am trying to login from another IP , I am able to login.

Please advice that, how to block a user from all IP address when account blocked untill 60 mins. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Mahesh

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Mahesh,

I assume you are referring to blocking application users and not IT users, correct?

Please check to following documentation on how to configure brute force protection for application users.

You'll find there is a Site Property called EnableBruteForceProtectionPerIP which you can set to False to disable IP-level blocking of users.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin, Thanks for your reply.

Just one clarification: If we make the change  EnableBruteForceProtectionPerIP  to False, Can  blocked user login from any other IP address untill blocking period like 60min ?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Mahesh,

Setting EnableBruteForceProtectionPerIP  to False and leaving EnableBruteForceProtection set to True should NOT allow blocked users to login from any IP address.

Regards,

Nordin

Hi Nordin, 

Thank you very much for your clarification .

Best Regards,

Mahesh

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.