How to load API using timer
Application Type
Reactive

Hi 

Is it possible to load some API using timer? I have one API who returns list of Employees. If YES then how would I understand timer does it's job?

Please help me

thanks

Solution

Hi Nathan,

According to your posts, I can understand you want to make a request to the API which returns the list of employees via the timer logic. 

Definitely, your API can be triggered with timer logic just pass the request statically or dynamically via site properties, and then once the timer runs and executes the API try creating the Custom log in the database with a time of request and response. By this approach, you can track the timer whether it completed its job or not. 

To monitor the timer run user service center logs (Monitoring tab) to verify whether the timer ran correctly.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Saravanan Santhanam.

Thanks Saravanan S 

Hi Nathan,

each timer have its action assigned called on each run, inside that action you can call any API...

How do you know the timer did it? Maybe creating a validation in the end, saving in a table would do the job.

Regards

Solution

Hi Nathan,

According to your posts, I can understand you want to make a request to the API which returns the list of employees via the timer logic. 

Definitely, your API can be triggered with timer logic just pass the request statically or dynamically via site properties, and then once the timer runs and executes the API try creating the Custom log in the database with a time of request and response. By this approach, you can track the timer whether it completed its job or not. 

To monitor the timer run user service center logs (Monitoring tab) to verify whether the timer ran correctly.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Saravanan Santhanam.

Thanks Saravanan S 

Hi,

What exactly do you mean by "load an API"? Do you want to get the data from the API and store it in the database? That's certainly possible to do with a timer.

You can monitor timer execution in Service Center. Here's some documentation on that. Of course, you could also choose to create your own monitoring mechanism with custom DB entities and UI.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.