IPP trouble sharing a component within a large company

A colleague in the same world-wide company is trying to share a custom component (XIF) with us, but we don't share the same Outsystems environment, and the IPP issue is giving us headaches. I can open the source code, compile it, etc., but publishing is stopped by the IPP warning. Anyone have some tips?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Joseph,

You can transfer the intellectual property of an application, solution or module, using the Intellectual Property Protection (IPP) Rights Validation.

The instructions below (and in more detail here):

Kind Regards,
João

Thanks. From my point of view, Outsystems is wrong on this one. Let's look at this from a shoplifting perspective. I own a clothing store, with those annoying alarm tags on expensive items of clothes. It seems to me that Outsystems allows a shoplifter (disgruntled employee, hacker, etc), to take things (components) from my store (environment), and then go to another store (Outsystems), which will gladly remove the alarm tags for the shoplifter. If the victim store asks, the other store (Outsystems) will give them the email addresses of all the shoplifters they have helped. Does this sound right?

I'd rather see a system that allows me to share with people I designate (with a one-time use code), or even, for a large enterprise, the ability to designate other environments with which they can freely share.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Joseph,

For that use case you want to be an ISV (Independent Software Vendor) which is different than the aforementioned IPP (Intelectual Property Protection).

As an ISV, you would be able to deploy a code in an environment without being able to access its code, just like Service Center, for instance. At least, it worked like this a few years ago when I used it often.

Kind Regards,

João

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.