What are minimum necessary roles for deployment

Hello all, I am studying for a certification and there is one question to which I cannot find a satisfying answer.

To deploy an application in Lifetime in which environment must an IT user have Change & Deploy permissions?

Target, Source or both? 

And if the answer is "only Target environment" then the next question is: which is the minimum role a user must have to add an application to a deployment plan? 

I currently work in a factory where I don't have enough permissions to run these tests.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Pedro, 

In that case, I would say that the minimum permissions needed would be the "Change And Deploy".

Please refer to this post on the subject. 

Best Regards 

Hello Pedro,

Roles are not the same as Permissions.

A user can have different roles with different permissions in different Teams or Apps.

You can have the Developer Role and have a No Acess Permission for example.

For more information please take a look at these links:

Understand the Permission Model for IT Users

It Users And Roles

Hope it helps!

Paulo Rosário

Hello Paulo, I understand I made a mistake in the title of the post and in other place where I mention roles instead of permissions, please read permissions wherever it says roles. However my question is still unanswered. I am asking about minimum permissions for executing these tasks and none of the provided links answer that question. 

Hello Pedro, 

In that case, I would say that the minimum permissions needed would be the "Change And Deploy".

Please refer to this post on the subject. 

Best Regards 

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.