Server side validation
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.14.8 (Build 58515)

Hi Team ,

I need to set up a server side validation where in when user click on submit in a form without filling the mandatory fields , an error message should occur.

form fields :- Name , Address, city -> mandatory fields 

step by step validation -> if name filed is blank then it should show Enter name 

if name and city is blank - then it should validate one by one , first it should show enter name , after that it should show enter city ..

please help me 

Hi Shain,

If you submit a form without filling the mandatory fields, a message will appear.

You should set up some custom client-side validations where you verify all those fields with built-on validations.

Check more information about Form Validations here.

If you have more questions, let me know.

Regards,

Diogo Reis

Hello Shain,

In a Reactive App, you have the option to use Client-side validation to make sure certain inputs are not empty, in your example, you can ensure that the Name, City, and Address are filed. 

If you still prefer Server-side validation you must disable the built-in validations option on the form button.

and create an Action to validate your data on the server, this should include a way to send any errors back .

I'm attaching an oml with an example of Server-side and client-side validations with custom errors messages. 

Hope it helps! 

Paulo Rosário

ServerSideValidations.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.