XYZ coordinates
Question

Hi

Im new to outsystems and looking to build an app (obviously). What i would like to do is create an app that can collect datapoints from a phones position to survey. for example-

1. start the measure process
  2. place the phone at a datum location to set its datum a 0,0,0 or enter a required datum
  3. on screen, click any one button in each corner to represent where the measure is from
  4. on a GET button click, get the phones location from the Datum point. for example: if Datum is 0,0,0 and the user moves south 10', east 10', phone is 3' in the air, the current position should be something like Y=-10', X=-10', Z=3'
  5. save the GET position into a table.
  6. export / send the table as excel

Im good at coding, know what i need in terms of results but curious as to whether Outsystems can do this type of thing?

Also, a nice to have would be a visual representation of the points on screen with dots and / or a line between each dot but that could be later if Outsystems could do that too?

I look forward to any responses, and thank you in advance for reading :)

Nacho

Hi Nigel Shaw,

I hope I have read your requirement right. For the requirement you have mentioned You can take Support of Google Location API's and Use the same With Outsystems Forge Asset (Outsystems MAPS) to Point out the visual representation of the points on screen with dots and / or a line between each dot.

hope it helps!

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.