Google+ using an "ECT like" technology.

Google+ using an "ECT like" technology.

Hi,

Has anyone noticed the new feedback system in Google+? In your bottom right corner you have the chance to submit feedback and then choose an area of your screen upon which the feedback relates to, seems familiar?

Here is a pic of the feedback form's design (in portuguese):

Cheers,
Hermínio Mira
Thanks for sharing Hermínio, I hadn't noticed it yet. Just comes to show how much ahead of "lesser" competitors OutSystems is. :-D

Regards,

Miguel
ECT has 3 or 4 years? hummm... how cool is that to be working with OS ;)

Maybe in 1 or 2 years they'll have a wisdom of crowds :)
Do you ever think Google would admit to having OS as it's "inspiration" for this feedback mechanism?
Well there is also the possibility that they came up with it all on their own without ever seeing ECT, but I must admit they are too similar for this to have happened... :)

Cheers,
Hermínio Mira
And now OS wished they had patented that technology, so they could sue the crap out of them :). Oh wait, it's Google...

Great, now go sue them :).

I think Google+ still has very few things to do there and few people are taking the cgance to try it. But for sure 2 to 3 years from now it'll be crowded also.
Just curious, is outsystems going to take any action regarding the patent? 
Well, I'm shocked.

It's not like Google has an habit of stealing other peoples and companies inventions or anything because that would be, you know, kinda evil and they don't do the "e" word.

On the other hand, it's nice to see a portuguese IT company coming up with something worth stealing.
I'm not sure if Outsystems can sue them. One of the inventors of the "ECT Like" technology is currently working for Google.
Is the patent from Outsystems or from the inventors?
I'm not sure if Outsystems can sue them. One of the inventors of the "ECT Like" technology is currently working for Google.
Is the patent from Outsystems or from the inventors?"

OutSystems owns the patent, that's all that matters. The fact that one of the employees now works for Google seems only to strengthen their case.