[Font Awesome 6] Default OutSystems UI elements are being affected
font-awesome-6
Reactive icon
Forge component by Paulo Moreira
Application Type
Reactive

Hi,

First of all I want to thank you for this component! Easy to use and nice to have up-to-date icons.

Unfortunately I did find a bug (atleast I think it is a bug). When using a FA6Icon (does not matter what icon it is) in my screen together with some elements provided by OutSystems the layout of the default OutSystems is getting changed. 

In the screenshot below you can see that on the left side the chevron in the breadcrumbs is bigger and also the chevron in the accordion is bigger (image on the right is the original one). The chevron in the breadcrumbs can be easily replace but the one in the accordion is not.

I guess this is coming from the css import in the webblock since this library is Font Awesome. The default library from OutSystems also seems to be Font Awesome and I think this is causing the conflict.

Best,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Thank you very much once again for your feedback.

Version 2.0.1 was published a couple of minutes ago on the Outsystems Forge, which corrects this issue. Please update your references to this new version accordingly.

All the best to you, and thank you very much once again for your feedback.

Best regards,

Paulo Moreira

Hi Bart,

Thank you for your message.

Would it be possible for you to send us a small example of this issue? Btw, which version of Outsystems UI are you referencing?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Paulo Moreira

Hi Paulo,

I made a quick example on my personal environment. See the attached .oml. The example can also be seen here. On my personal environment OutSystems UI 2.7.2 is used. On our development environment we are currently using OutSystems UI 2.7.1.

Best,

Bart

FontAwesomeExample.oml

Hi Bart,

Thank you very much once again for your feedback.

Version 2.0.1 was published a couple of minutes ago on the Outsystems Forge, which corrects this issue. Please update your references to this new version accordingly.

All the best to you, and thank you very much once again for your feedback.

Best regards,

Paulo Moreira

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.