Input number type (password) has huge hiding delay in iOS
Question
Application Type
Mobile
Service Studio Version
11.10.16 (Build 40208)

Hello,

I have an app that requires the user to insert a PIN code with 4 digits (number type). I have a component that hides those digits, when they are typed by the user. The component has 4 different input widgets, each one bounded to the respective digit of the PIN code.

In Android everything goes as expected, but in iOS there's a huge delay hiding the PIN code, when the user types the 4 input digits (about 3s delay), which makes the whole PIN code visible.

I already tried to change the delay, but that didn't solve my problem.

Any thoughts on how I can address this issue?

Here is the link of the app:

https://personal-jsqm02ka.outsystemscloud.com/PreviewInDevices/?IsMobilePreview=True&DeviceName=Smartphone&URL=/Input_PIN/Initial?_ts=637837116353486618

The OML file is also attached to this post.

Thank you!

Input_PIN.oml

Hi João,

use the On Change event on each input to copy the typed values to intermediate variables (not visible in the UI) and replace the input variables (assigned to the inputs) to "*" or dots.

In the end when you want to validate the code you can use the intermediate variables or re-assign them to the input variables.

Regards

Hi José,

Thank you for your response. The input variable is number type, so I can't assign it to "*" or dots.

Do you know how I can achieve this? Taking into account that, if we change the input type, the keyboard will also switch from numeric to alphanumeric, and I don't want that to happen.

Regards.

Thank you José, I'll try those components, but I would like to try to solve this issue with my custom component first.

The thing is that this problem only happens in iOS, on Android there are no hiding delay issues.

You will find many differences between iOS and Android, sometimes even simple things like CSS.

Send some feedback when you fix your issue.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.