Redirect to the link I was trying to go after login
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Imagine the following, I have a list of rooms for rent, but it can only be accessed by registered users. When the user logs in it gets redirected to the main page (i.e. Home), how can I make the user get redirected to its requested link?

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Gabriel,

When you redirect the user to the Detail Screen if the end-user is not having required roles a Security exception is raised which sets the LastURL client variable value to the Default Screen.

For the mentioned requirement, one of the approach is to check the user role before navigating to the RoomDetail screen. If the role check fails then redirect the end-user to the Login screen after setting the LastURL.

Refer to the attached oml file (Code Changes: In Login screen action and Home Screen (RoomLinkOnClick Screen action))

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

EasyLease.oml

Hi @Gabriel Freitas 

Please check the steps 

In Common UI Flows in side the Login Screen.

Login Client action as end point there is Re-Directing URL As per your requirement you can add the URL of the directing page.

I hope this helps.

If this is not your requirement, please share your OML so that we can help you.

- Palle Vijay Bhaskar Reddy

Sadly no, it doesn't solve the problem...

Hi @Gabriel Freitas 

According to your scenario, In login action instead of giving HOME as a Destination, either you can provide your required destination or the URL which redirects you to go to the requested page

I hope this is your requirement. If not then please provide more details.

How can I do that? By passing the URL as a parameter to the login screen? Actually the login action is not going precisely to "home", it goes to the last page, I didn't changed the default action yet: 

If(Client.LastURL = "", GetOwnerURLPath(), Client.LastURL)
Hi, Can you please share your OML if possible so that I can get an idea?
mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Gabriel,

When you redirect the user to the Detail Screen if the end-user is not having required roles a Security exception is raised which sets the LastURL client variable value to the Default Screen.

For the mentioned requirement, one of the approach is to check the user role before navigating to the RoomDetail screen. If the role check fails then redirect the end-user to the Login screen after setting the LastURL.

Refer to the attached oml file (Code Changes: In Login screen action and Home Screen (RoomLinkOnClick Screen action))

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

EasyLease.oml

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.