How to move a server action into another module

Hi Everyone,
need to move a server action/API from one  module to another. Could anyone please help

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hello again saif,

So you can't access the table (that is inside module 1) from module 2, is that it?

If so, you just need to define the Public property from your table/entity as Yes:

If you want to reuse the Server Action from one module in another modules, you can also define it as Public.

After this, just add them as a dependency and they will be available for you to use them.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello there Saif,

Hope you're doing well.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? :)

You can cut the Server Action in one module and paste it in another module. You can also do that with the logic and the inputs/outputs of the Server.

Service Studio allows you to Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete objects.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hello 

Rui Barradas

I have created a server action in one module and i need to use it to update values inside a table. the able is in module 1 while the server action is in module 2.

Module 2- 

Module 1

Revmaxclaimsummarypage (2).oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hello again saif,

So you can't access the table (that is inside module 1) from module 2, is that it?

If so, you just need to define the Public property from your table/entity as Yes:

If you want to reuse the Server Action from one module in another modules, you can also define it as Public.

After this, just add them as a dependency and they will be available for you to use them.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi @saif sheikh,

As per my understanding, you just want to use your server action in another Module, So for that you have to make your server action as a PUBLIC and if any aggregate or Entity Action you are incorporating make it PUBLIC too. And then Go to your required module and do Manage dependencies which is on left side. Then search your Module name in which server action is there and use it in Module 2.

I hope this is your requirement. If it works then mark this as a Solution

Thanks 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Tanisha,

Hope you're doing well.

That information was already been shared in the thread. Before answering, please consider to read previous answers in order to avoid redundant information.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Managed to get the server action to other module. but unable to do it for entity. Could you please suggest what i would need to do to get the entity table from one module to another.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.