how to download the data from the screen in excel file.

Hi,

i want to download the complete data in Excel file when i click on Icon. kindly see in image.

database:

employee(id,name,email,roleid,departmentid.)

plz help me step by step to do this or give me oml file.

Screenshot (232)_LI.jpg

Solution

Why the downvote? :D

Maybe you forgot to put the extension for the file type .xlsx. If you see the video, they do that there!

On the download link call a client action

Create a server action that will take an input parameter, the list you want to download. And put also as output the binary data to put on the download widget

On the server, action use the recordListToExcel and select the attributes you want to include in the excell

Then you assign the output

Call the download and pass the output from the server action to the file content of the download widget

And with that, you will be able to download it to excel.

The video that I shared with you was very good, you just need to pay attention to what is being done.

Try the OML

Download.oml

Hi @Sourabh sharma 

Have you checked this post-

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/7918/upload-download-files/

Here is the demo added for upload and download file .

Hope this will help you.

You can also check this video :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFrD54mhgiM

Kind Regards,

Márcio

Hi,Márcio Carvalho 

Thank you very much.

i tried but the file is not downloading in xlsx format.

plz provide me oml file if you have.

Solution

Why the downvote? :D

Maybe you forgot to put the extension for the file type .xlsx. If you see the video, they do that there!

On the download link call a client action

Create a server action that will take an input parameter, the list you want to download. And put also as output the binary data to put on the download widget

On the server, action use the recordListToExcel and select the attributes you want to include in the excell

Then you assign the output

Call the download and pass the output from the server action to the file content of the download widget

And with that, you will be able to download it to excel.

The video that I shared with you was very good, you just need to pay attention to what is being done.

Try the OML

Download.oml

Hi Marcio I agree with you no downvote in this case.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.