[Embedded Scanner Plugin] Plugin incompatible with InAppBrowser
Question
embedded-scanner-plugin
Mobile icon
Forge component by Miguel 'Kelter' Antunes
Application Type
Mobile

Hi Miguel, how are you?

I have a problem that this plugin, using the latest version targeting MABS 8, is incompatible with, for instance, InAppBrowser.

It seems that the problem is related with 2 things:

1. The fact that contains a dependency do Swift version that, by itself, is added by MABS automatically (that problem was solved by removing that dependency from plugin.xml file);
  2. The other problem is related with the target version used to generate the iOS build, we have a problem related with IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET;

Did you noticed this before?

Thanks,

Pedro Domingues

Hi Pedro,

I tried to build the application in my mac using the cordova apache and I was able to reproduce the error.

After checking the log for the error I saw this message:

/QRScanner.swift:471:49: error: 'UIApplicationOpenSettingsURLString' has been renamed to 'UIApplication.openSettingsURLString'

guard let settingsUrl = URL(string: UIApplicationOpenSettingsURLString) else {

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UIApplication.openSettingsURLString

After correcting the error the app was successfully build.

Try do to the same in your resource file and generate the app again.

King Regards

Sergio

Hi Sérgio,

Your solution, along with removing the following line of code from plugin.xml solved the issue.

<dependency id="cordova-plugin-add-swift-support" spec="~1.7.2" /> 

Thanks a lot for your help.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.