[SFTP] SFTP - New SSHNet DLL error
sftp
Web icon
Forge component by Paulo Ramos
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.14.12 (Build 59645)

I am trying to get the SFTP extension to work. I have received a .ppk key that I've converted to a .PEM key. However, due to a mismatch between the key protocol and the SSH library, I got an 'Key OPENSSH is not supported' error.

To resolve that, I've removed the Renci.SSHNet reference in VisualStudio, and replaced it with a new DLL (attached). After that, I've cleaned and rebuilt the solution in VS. This, and deploying the extension, all works fine.

However, when running the List_PrivateKey action, I get an error:

Could not load type 'Renci.SshNet.Sftp.ISftpFile' from assembly 'Renci.SshNet, Version=2016.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1cee9f8bde3db106'.

In VS, I checked and the ISftpFile seems to be present. 

Is there another way to overcome the 'Key OPENSSH is not supported' error, or is there a way to correctly import the new DLL?

Renci.SshNet.dll

Solution

There is an In-Development version 5.3.1. Can you give this a try?

When trying to update SFTP to the Renci.SshNet v2020, I found out that Renci.SshNet is actually a core part of the Outsystems framework, so no matter what version the SFTP component includes it will always revert back to the 2016 included in the Core.

The Renci.SshNet version in SFTP v5.3.1 has been re-Namespaced to allow the SFTP component to use Renci.SshNet v2020, leaving the Core to use v2016.

mvp_badge
MVP

It works! How stable do you consider this version? We are planning to go to production in a couple of weeks...

mvp_badge
MVP

Attached also the customized extension.

CloneOfSFTP.xif

Hi Remco,

Which version of the SFTP Component did you install?

Thanks,

David

mvp_badge
MVP

I installed the latest version this morning, so must be 5.3.0

Solution

There is an In-Development version 5.3.1. Can you give this a try?

When trying to update SFTP to the Renci.SshNet v2020, I found out that Renci.SshNet is actually a core part of the Outsystems framework, so no matter what version the SFTP component includes it will always revert back to the 2016 included in the Core.

The Renci.SshNet version in SFTP v5.3.1 has been re-Namespaced to allow the SFTP component to use Renci.SshNet v2020, leaving the Core to use v2016.

mvp_badge
MVP

It works! How stable do you consider this version? We are planning to go to production in a couple of weeks...

Hi Remco,

It should be pretty good. The Renci.SshNet library is unchanged apart from the Namespace change.

Be watchful if you're using features new to the v2020 Renci dll, and the new Passphrase parameters. Other than that, I think it should be pretty stable.

Glad it worked for you.

Thanks,

David

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.