Empty Value

Hello ,
 im making an app in Reactive Environment .
    I have some dropdowns with the lists and everything i need them to do but , i dont have an empty value to start with   each time we refresh or connect for the first time in the page .
    In conclusion , all im asking is : If there is an option or something i can do to have an empty state when i refresh the page.

* PS : I already added a row with "(spacebar)" but it failed *

So .. After a lot of "digging" in the web i found out the solution about my problem and all i needed was to DISABLE Filters . 
       I Found this forum post that i followed and the result was this .

( https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/67983/enable-or-disable-a-filter-in-aggregate/

The problem was that the Variable im using is TEXT meanwhile we were trying to do the filtering for Identifiers .
       In conclusion , the filters i ended up are these :

Thanks again for your help @Max de Groot , it really helped me to understand the type of filtering i need !

Respectfully ,
 MeL

Hi Meletis,

If I understand your question correctly, use the Empty Text option of the dropdown to have an empty record in the list. This will always be a NullIdentifier(). 

Hello Max ,
thanks for the answer .
Well it works .
It gives me a * 0 * as a result
My dropdowns all have *Text Only* and variable with Text value and they work like a charm . :D

Screenshot_2.png

You can also replace the 0 with something like "Search user" or "Search city". 

Those will show up then instead of 0 while the record behind this will still be NULL. 

So it will be something like

"Search"

But , it doesn't show me the list as it is empty , all that because i havent changed something at dropdown.
I want the list to show all the records it has before the dropdown select we will do .  

The "Search" in the empty text will act as a placeholder and its value in the dropdown will be NullIdentifier(). So the Dropdown.Id = NullIdentifier() (=Empty record). 

If the user selects any other value your dropdowns will behave as expected. Upon refresh the empty text value is chosen and therefore no specific record from the dropdown is selected.

something like this ? 

GetDepartments.List.Current.Department.Id = NullIdentifier() 
the output is "False"

So , i am still having this problem withe the dropdown output being "False" 

Hi Meletis,

I don't really understand you struggle at the moment. The Empty text should just be a placeholder and upon refresh no value should be selected, so no filtering should take place. This would normally result in seeing all the records in the entity as specified by the data fetch on your screen.

Hello , sorry for the disturbance .
I'm a beginner is coding and in Outsystems platform . All im trying to do is to add a blank state in the dropdown . All the viariables/filters and values are on Text(type) . 

If i do Nullidentifier () the result will be a plain 0 .

If we type just "Search" or simply "" the dropdown will imply it to the search and we will have no results afterwards . 

So all i need is to have a blank state that it wont Filter with the rest of them dropdowns . 

Ι dont know if thats enough to help you understand what im trying to imply .  

Awesome , thank you for your answer it does add a space and it's empty values , but the Table is empty , like i dont have any records on it

But i think thats happening cause of the Filters i have implemented so it will be possible to fetch data on dropdown's Change

These are my Filters
so they will be able to refresh the table when i change something in Dropdowns

Hi Meletis,

You usually do something like this:

If(DepartmentNames <> NullIdentifier(), Employee.Department = DepartmentNames, 1=1)

This will check if DepartmentNames (the dropdown value) is selected, if so filter on that value, if not check if 1=1 (will always be true and show all values). 

Hello Max ,  
thanks once more for the answer you gave me .I implemented the filters you said above , they have the same reaction with the ones i had before .
Even if i go and type : " " or NullTextIdentifier()  , at the Empty Text in dropdown , it doesnt help .The value on the table do not load if i dont check something on dropdown .So , in conclusion Data in the tabledo not load up with the refresh of the page , before every dropdown value we check 

@Max de Groot Thats all i have in the screen

the dropdowns all have these values/options ( I didnt used " " and Nullidentifier() and NullTextIdentifier() ) Nothing worked so far 

There are 3 as i said before
and the table

The aggregatethat i switched from on demand , to  At Start 

and all i want is to refresh the table everytime i have a blank state in dropdowns (Right now they have been selected automatically when i opened the page) 
Are these enough to understand what is my problem ? or you will need my .oml

So .. After a lot of "digging" in the web i found out the solution about my problem and all i needed was to DISABLE Filters . 
       I Found this forum post that i followed and the result was this .

( https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/67983/enable-or-disable-a-filter-in-aggregate/

The problem was that the Variable im using is TEXT meanwhile we were trying to do the filtering for Identifiers .
       In conclusion , the filters i ended up are these :

Thanks again for your help @Max de Groot , it really helped me to understand the type of filtering i need !

Respectfully ,
 MeL

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.