Users Problem

I am unable to access http://<SERVERNAME>/Users. When I try I get the following error -

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid. 

IIS Web Core
Notification BeginRequest
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x80070003
Config Error Cannot read configuration file
Config File \\?\C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\running\Users.2015215154\web.config

Requested URL http://cmpc0007:80/Users
Physical Path C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\running\Users.2015215154
Logon Method Not yet determined
Logon User Not yet determined

I noticeed that the physical address is C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Platform Server\running\Users.2015215154 but I don't have anything at that location. There is a Users under IIS though.

When I try to install the Sales app I get an error as there is no reference to Users (or ChartingServiceCore)

Any advice on how I can get Users installed correctly?

Martin -

Try following the directions here: Make sure you are looking at the post from Acácio Porta Nova on 2011-04-28 22:33. That will force it to republish the eSpaces.

Justin, thanks for the link. Unfortunatley this didn't republish the espace. I have now uninstalled everything and reinstalled from scratch. I can now get to Users.

I have just had this issue again on another server. The Users espace is gone again.

Is there anything I could be doing to cause this? Any ideas how I can get it back? I'm concerned that thi shas happened twice now on two difference machines as I'm not in a possition to just reinstall again.

Hmm.... This is very strange. Couple of questions:

- When you say "I don't have anything at that location", does it mean the folder is empty or doesn't exist at all?
- Is there any other folder named Users.xxxxxx inside the running folder? If so, does the date on that folder look more recent than the last installation?
- Did you filecopy anything across these servers and/or are sharing the database catalog by mistake?

Hi, haven't been doing anything on the server other than opening an espace.

When I go to http://localhost/Users I get a 404

There is no mention of the espace in service centre, IIS or the running folder.

Can I get it back from somewhere? It was there earlier today.
You mean that Users does not appear on the Applications nor the eSpaces list under the Factory tab in Service Center when you login as administrator? If that is the case I cannot think of any reason for its disappearance other than human intervention (i.e. someone deleting it in ServiceCenter).

While inconsistencies in the filesystem side can be due to other things (antivirus, file copying etc), an eSpace’s existence in ServiceCenter (and, therefore, the DB) is the authoritative copy and will never get removed by any automated process.

Does the RichWidgets eSpace still show up in SC? That one is also installed at the same time as Users (i.e. during platform installation).

No, that was gone too. I have had to reinstall, I think there may have been an issue with the database as I wasn't able to delete teh outsystems database from enterprise manager, even though no one was connected. I eventually had to stop services, delete db files then delete. All installed again now. I was worrie dby the fact this has happened before on another machine. Hopefully this was the last time. Thanks for your help.
OK, now I have completeley reinstalled from the start and I still don't have the Users espace. Is there anyway I can get this from somewhere??
Hi Martin,

what is the version of the platform you've just installed?

Meanwhile, go to http://your_server/servicecenter and go to the factory tab. Search for a "System Components" Solution, and see if the Users espace is in it.

Hi Martin,

As Ricardo hinted at, if you don't have Users after a clean install it means you're not installing the 6.0 Community edition. You mentioned somewhere Enterprise Manager... could you still be running 5.x? If so, Users does not exist on that version (Enterprise Manager was the users/apps manager).

If you're installing the Platform Server 6.0, then installing Users is a manual step in the checklist, after doing SCInstall: look for System_Components.osp in the Platform Server filesystem and the install checklist document.

I am using, sorry for the confusion but when I mentioned enterprise manager I was talking about SQL enterprise manager (or management studio as I should now be calling it :) )

I have now uploaded the System_Components.osp and all is working. Thank you.

The strange thing is I really can't remember having to do that on my other installation. Thanks again.